Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Innovative Education Celebration
Friday, August 17, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, United States
Do you believe in Innovative Education? We do.
We believe that the status quo of lecture-based classrooms and standardized teaching-to-the-test is not enough.
Join us to...
1. Celebrate the hard work and endless commitment of educators, startups, and non-profits across the country who have been working tirelessly to change the status quo with their innovative ideas.
2. Lauch the “Invention Experience,” a national initiative using the power of invention and entrepreneurship to inspire under-served students about STEM. With support from the Lemelson Foundation, we're developing a program built upon a structure of culturally-relevant motivational experiences combined with long-term, in-depth engagement for students.
3. Network with other innovative education professionals. Learn from the Lemelson Foundation about their work supporting invention education and expore other innovative programs including ISIS Youth, the Cleantech Open, the Startup Experience, and our own Youth Ambassadors.
- 6:30pm - doors open, and networking begins.
- 7:30pm - The Lemelson Foundation will discuss their support of invention education.
- 7:45pm - Innovative educational groups participating in the Invention Experience including ISIS Youth, the Cleantech Open, the Startup Experience, and our Youth Ambassadors will provide quick sound bites about their work.
- 8:00pm - Hear innovative performances by Youth Speaks poets, and music provided by DJ Sake One.
Please join us, celebrate with us, and learn about the exciting work we are about to undertake!
DATE: Friday, August 17, 2012 6:30-9:00pm (short program begins at 7:30)
LOCATION: 330 Ritch St. San Francisco, California
When & Where
Night Rover Challenge
The Night Rover Challenge is an innovative technical competition combined with a robust education initiative. The program is supported by NASA's Office of Centennial Challenges and managed by the Cleantech Open in partnership with Younoodle Inc.